Welcome!

My name is Alison, and I am a passionate special education teacher with a creative side. I hope that through the blogging of my ideas, art lessons, and learnings that I can help inspire new ideas for teaching students with special needs. Thanks for loving students, and for your interest in my blog. Be sure to bookmark my blog for updates.

Monday, April 18, 2011

First Post

Hello Everyone,

I just finished my masters in special education along with my level II California Credential and through this process I had to write about something I was passionate about.  Therefore I took two things I love and learned everything I could about them; art and special education.  I did a lot of research and even conducted my own study to discover that special education students can express themselves in a different way through the use of art, sometimes even communicating a side of them when they cannot expressively communicate.  My goal for this blog is to provide other educators and special educators with art lessons designed especially for special education students.  I hope you enjoy!

Art and Special Education

No comments:

Post a Comment